UVA Sustainability Alumni Network
Open to all UVA Alumni, the Sustainability Alumni Network brings together alumni to connect with each other and advance a collaborative vision for sustainability at UVA in partnership with current students, staff, and faculty. The UVA Sustainability Alumni Network, a pan- university partnership, represents an exciting opportunity to actively connect alumni to UVA’s collaborative and interdisciplinary sustainability networks to further enhance UVA’s leadership in the multi-faceted realm of sustainability. Join the UVA Sustainability Alumni Network
- Sustainability Career Development – Alumni Mentorships and Industry Connections: Build a network to provide opportunities for mentoring, career development, internship and externship opportunities, and networking with fellow alumni, current UVA students, staff, and faculty via regional events and online collaboration.
- Alumni Sustainability Participation and Service: Identify the broad range of sustainability-related expertise of alumni, and facilitate opportunities to volunteer to contribute expertise in specific areas (i.e. guest lectures, student project mentors, research support, volunteer consulting) to promote UVA as a living lab for sustainability.
- Alumni Networking, Communication and Outreach: Expand the Sustainability Alumni Network to reach alumni across the globe through effective communications and outreach.
Initial focus areas:
Whether online or in person, there are many ways to connect through the UVA Sustainability Alumni Network. Meet up with UVA alumni over the summer with sustainability alumni receptions and follow us on LinkedIn for opportunities to connect back on Grounds.
- Join the Sustainability Alumni Network - Receive details on upcoming events and leadership opportunities
- Connect on LinkedIn - Join the UVA Sustainability Alumni Network Group
- Join the Virginia Alumni Mentoring program to connect with and provide career guidance to students that are exploring careers in sustainability including conservation, policy, and renewable energy.
- Become a sustainability alum leader for your geographic region. Email Eric Hunter, Associate Director, Alumni Professional Networks, to learn more.
- Post a Job or internship for a current student – email David Lapinski, UVA Career Center Director of Employee Relations
Support the implementation of the UVA Sustainability Plan
In 2016, UVA launched its first comprehensive sustainability plan. Building on the work of over 100 stakeholders, the plan outlines 23 goals and 101 actions to embed sustainability across UVA in areas such as energy, nitrogen, waste, water, food as well as curriculum, teaching and community engagement and equity. Your donation will help ensure UVA meets its sustainability goals and strengthen UVA’s progress towards a sustainable vision.
- About Sustainability at UVA
- UVA Career Center Sustainability Resources
- Career Center Blog: All roads can lead to Sustainability
- Additional Career Center Articles Related to Sustainability
The UVA Sustainability Alumni Network is supported by: