Environmental Stewardship Subcommittee
The Environmental Stewardship Subcommittee (ESS), a subcommittee of the University Committee on Sustainability, promotes and enables environmental stewardship via student, staff, and faculty engagement and direct action on Grounds. There are currently 13 working groups and five task forces within the subcommittee.
- Donald Sundgren, Associate Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer
- Andrea Trimble, Sustainability Director
Get involved – working groups and task forces are open to everyone! Email email@example.com for more information.
- Engage a wide range of students, staff, and faculty in sustainability discussions that advance sustainability, both within the subcommittee and across Grounds.
- Enable students, staff, and faculty to take action by implementing stewardship projects on grounds.
- Advance university-wide stewardship goals and strategies.
- Implement stewardship projects within each of the working group categories.
- Demonstrate measurable progress in each area of stewardship represented by the working groups.
- Convene stakeholders to contribute expertise and energy to document and advance university-wide stewardship visions, goals and strategies, in support of a larger U.Va. Sustainability Plan.
Chairs: Jason Snow, Victoria Ngo, and Kelly Tran
- Water & Stormwater
Chairs: Kathy Grove, Dawson Garrod, Clay Kulesza, and Jacob Weitzman
- Green Athletics
Co-Chairs: Alli Slater and Anthony Bouselli
- Green Dining
Co-Chairs: Samantha Jameson and Robert McCarthy
- Open Space
Chair: Matthew Bartley
Co-Chairs: Becca White and Sarah Littlefied
- Energy& Light Pollution
Chairs: Doug Livingston, Martin Volaric, and Brad Houska
- Green Labs
Co-Chairs: Christine Alencar and Thomas Moutinho
Co-Chairs: Amy Muldoon and Lela Garner
- Green IT
Co-Chairs: Chris Smeds and Julia Conte
Co-Chairs: Jim Galloway and Libby Milo
- Health System Sustainability Committee
Chair: Reba Camp
- Sustainable Food Strategy
Facilitator: Tonya Denckla-Cobb, Institute for Environmental Negotiation