The SustainaNewsletter provides bi-weekly updates for students, faculty, staff, and community members about local events, involvement opportunities, and sustainability tips.
SustainaNewsletter: Announcing UVA Sustainability Alumni Network | 06.19.18
Save the date for this year's Bicentennial Sustainability Leadership Summit!
- UVA Saves Hour
- FM Girls Day
- UVA Team Wins Patagonia Competition with Plan for Carbon Neutrality
SustainaNewsletter: 2018 Hoos ReUse Donation Drive | 05.08.18
Moving Out? Donate unwanted items to Charlottesville Nonprofits!
- Balloon-Free Graduation
- USGBC Updates
- The Story of Water at the University of Virginia
SustainaNewsletter: UVA Receives STARS Gold Rating for Sustainability Achievements | 04.24.18
Plus Earth Week 2018 photo galleries!
- Earth Week Photo Galleries
- First Annual Chef's Challenge
- Partner Spotlight: UVA's Office for Sustainability
SustainaNewsletter: Special Edition Earth Week Events | 04.16.18
25+ events happening all week long, April 16-22!
- Earth Week Expo: 100 Climate Solutions
- Intersectional Sustainability with Nia Martin-Robertson
- Cville Eco Fair
SustainaNewsletter: World Water at UVA and Upcoming Events | 03.13.18
World Water, Festival of the Book, and more!
- World Water Events
- Virginia Food System Leadership Institute
- Envisioning a New Climate-Change Playbook: Darden Convenes Business and Policy Leaders for DC Innovation Summit
SustainaNewsletter: Sustainability is in the air! Morven Summer Courses & Recycling at UVA | 02.20.18
Four Sustainability-related courses this summer, and recycling tips for students at UVA.
- Morven Summer Institute 2018 Courses
- UVA Recycling: Video Interview with Sarah Smith
- Earth Week Partner Sign-up!
SustainaNewsletter: Challenge Accepted | 02.07.18
Help UVA win GameDay Recycling Challenge by properly sorting your waste at the game!
- GameDay Recycling Challenge
- Have you heard of The ROSE Program?
- RecycleMania Tournament
SustainaNewsletter: UVA Takes the LEED | 01.23.18
UVA’s Rotunda achieves LEED Silver certification & UVA scores big in a national recycling challenge. See how you can get in on the action!
- UVA’S Venerable Rotunda Takes the LEED
- Roundtable Discussion with Happy Johnson
- Website Tracks Solar Energy Produced at UVA
SustainaNewsletter: Making a Difference Through Sustainable Purchasing | 01.10.18
From farm to table, see how you can make a positive difference in the community.
- Sustainable Food Purchasing at UVA
- 2017 Virginia Higher Education Sustainable Food Supply Chain Symposium
- Sustainable Purchasing Tips by Green Plus
SustainaNewsletter: The Art of Making a Difference | 12.19.17
Discover how artists are helping communities heal & how labs are reducing UVA’s energy use, one fume hood at a time.
- 2018 UVA Community MLK Celebration Event: Healing Through Art & Community with Candy Chang
- Labs Prioritize Safety and Save Energy in UVA's First "Shut the Sash" Fume Hood Competition
- UVA Today: Engineering Dean Named Among Nation's Top Inventors