Grow your knowledge with Education @USGBC
In support of the UVA Sustainability Plan’s commitment to increase professional development opportunities for students, faculty, and staff, the University Committee on Sustainability and Office for Sustainability have been seeking opportunities to increase access to various resources. Through Sustainability Plan funding, all UVA students, faculty, and staff now have access to the U.S. Green Building Council’s unlimited education platform.
Subscription access to Education @USGBC features more than 600 hours of green building and sustainability education, at no cost to you. This library highlights best-in-class courses and resources to establish a foundational knowledge of green building and sustainability concepts, as well as numerous resources to support those looking to attain and maintain LEED professional credentials.
- Watch this video to learn how to how access free courses on Education @USGBC to maintain your LEED credentials.
- Interested in getting your LEED GA or other accreditation? Find free study guides, tests and courses to help prepare you for the test.
Faculty & Professionals:
- Enhance your courses with discussion questions, tutorials on sustainability competencies and more! All materials with the subscription are free and available to UVA students. Questions? Email email@example.com
- Learn how to how Education @USGBC can support your work on the design, construction, and operations of your campus and how to start using it today!
- Want to develop your resume and showcase your knowledge? Earn topic-based badges by taking a series of free courses available on Education@USGBC
Here's how to start
- Sign up for your free subscription. In the top right corner click "Account," then "create one" in the drop down menu.
- Fill out your account information and select "Find organization by Member ID."
Use the UVA Member ID: 1784522999104102.
- Once you receive a confirmation email, you will have access to hundreds of hours of educational and professional development material.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Online employee training
Sustainability@UVA: You Can Make a Positive Difference
A tool to help University employees learn about green practices. The 45-minute online video defines sustainability, highlights current efforts and offers tips on adopting environmentally friendly practices. University employees can view and sign up for the program within Employee Self-Service in the Integrated System (SSTL).