The Sustainable Food Strategy Task Force (SFSTF) was formed in 2016 to implement the UVA Sustainability Plan’s (2016-2020) food-related goals.
The SFSTF meets on a monthly basis to discuss ongoing projects, explore new opportunities, and track progress towards reaching metrics associated with the five primary strategic goals outlined in the Food Action Plan, which are to:
- Annually increase the percentage of sustainable food and beverage options available on grounds
- Reduce food waste and single-use food serving items sent to the landfill by 2030
- Reduce the energy and water impact of dining operations
- Increase awareness of sustainable food systems and translate heightened awareness into informed choices
- Collaborate within UVA and with the region to advance sustainable food systems in the broader community
The SFSTF is comprised of representatives from all entities connected with the campus food system, including: UVA Dining (Aramark), UVA Health System Dining (Morrison), Darden Dining (Flik), the Office for Sustainability, Morven Kitchen Garden, Greens to Grounds, the School of Medicine, the Department of Politics, UVA Nursing, the UVA Food Collaborative, and the Institute for Environmental Negotiation (IEN).
If you have any questions about the Sustainable Food Strategy Task Force or would be interested in attending one of the meetings, please email email@example.com