UVA Saves Hour
On Thursday, June 22nd from 2-3 pm, the University of Virginia is participating in a test of a state wide program to reduce electricity consumption during peak demand periods in summer months. Help UVA reduce power by turning off lights and unplugging unnecessary electronics for an hour.
Ways to Save
Individual actions can have a big impact on energy reduction. With a unified effort, we can save enough electricity to make our grid more resilient across the state.
- Unplug kitchen appliances such as toasters, microwaves, coffee machines, and anything else that is not being used
- Unplug kitchen appliances such as toasters, microwaves, coffee machines, and anything else that is not being used.
- Turn off office and conference room lights that are not needed.
- Consider unpluging devices such as printers, fax machines, chargers, phones, and fans. Electronics that are left plugged in continue to draw electricity, even while off or fully charged.
- Turn off your office lights and take a Hoos Well 15 minute fit break. Work with your supervisor to accommodate departmental needs.
Show us how you save
Tweet us your response with the hashtag #UVASAVESHOUR for a chance to win prizes!